In 2007, he founded the Nehemiah Davis Foundation (NDF), a non-profit organization; and NDent Worldwide Group, LLC, through which he has formed numerous businesses, including Daviso Junk Removal; Neo Daviso Group; and Myra’s Vitamin and Wellness Shop.
Davis is motivated by contributing to the community, through his foundation and businesses, in order to facilitate change, as well as assisting other entrepreneurs in achieving their goals and dreams. He attributes his passion for philanthropy, to his mother, Myra Grant, who co-founded the Nehemiah Davis Foundation.
Since its inception, Nehemiah Davis and the foundation have developed numerous community outreach initiatives that propel the foundation’s mission of serving homeless persons, youth and senior citizens of the Philadelphia community, who may be less fortunate. These initiatives include:
– Weekly food drives, for homeless persons
– An annual Thanksgiving feast, wherein veterans, seniors and underserved families receive a catered meal
– An annual holiday gift and coat drive, for low-income families, wherein more than 500 toys, coats and bikes are distributed to the children
– An annual back-to-school giveaway, through which more than 400 book bags filled with school supplies are distributed to families in need, while providing free hair-cuts and food to the attendees
– An annual youth ski trip, wherein the foundation sponsors 40 to 50 kids from the inner-city to experience a new activity. Each kid’s sponsorship is $80, totaling $3,200-$4,000, every year
Copyright © 2016. The Nehemiah Davis Foundation is an official 501(c)(3) non-profit organization